Family Finder + Y-DNA 12
Minimum Order Quantity: 1
Family Finder + Y-DNA 12 test for men : For close ancestry research (includes ethnic population percentages)
The next revolution in genetic genealogy
The science is simple - linked blocks of DNA across the 22 autosomal chromosomes are matched between two people. The degree of matching yields evidence for the relationship. You have exciting opportunities!
Match with five generations of family
With the Family Finder test you may extend the power of genetic genealogy to all of your ancestors. You can discover connections to descendants of all sixteen of your great-great-grandparents!
Adoptees discover their heritage
With the power of an autosomal DNA test, confidently match to male and female cousins from any of your family lines. This can provide you with the clues you need to learn more about your birth parents' families.
*Your matches and ancestral origins largely depend on how your DNA
compares to our database. With the largest DNA database in the world,
you have the greatest chance of finding close relatives by testing with
us. However, if your paternal line is rare, it is possible you will not
have matches or ancestral origins information right away. As our
database is constantly growing, you may have matches over time, and we
will send you e-mail notifications about any new matches.
- For men only.
- Autosomal DNA test and 12-marker Y-DNA test.
- Autosomal test: great for confirming close relationships regardless of gender.
- 12-marker matches are highly likely to be related within the past 29 generations.*
- Autosomal matches are related within about the last 5 generations.**
- May provide genealogically relevant matches and recent ancestral origins for the Y-DNA12.
- The autosomal test provides percentages of your ancestral
make-up (Native-American, Middle Eastern (including Jewish), African,
West and East European)***
- The autosomal test includes matches with predicted relationship ranges.
- The Y-DNA test provides your paternal Haplogroup: deep ancestral origin of the paternal line.
** We are leading the way in the development of innovative genealogical
uses for autosomal DNA. You will be matched with others who have also
taken the Family Finder test. However, if you come from an
under-represented population, it is possible you will not find matches
right away. Your matches largely depend on how your DNA compares to our
database. As our database is constantly growing, you may have matches
over time, and we will send you e-mail notifications about any new
** Due to the nature of autosomal DNA, the test does not specify from
which branch of your family tree your matches or the percentages of your
geographic heritage derive.