Scottish DNA Project - Y-DNA Test 37 Marker
Y-DNA37 : This is a male specific test. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origin of the paternal line.
37 Marker Test
- This is a male specific test.
- Results identify the ethnic and geographic origin of the paternal line.
- It includes a balanced panel of thirty-seven Y-chromosome Short Tandem Repeat, STR markers.
- This is the recommended test to trace the paternal ancestry of males for genealogy purposes.
- Your results will be added to Family Tree DNA, which is the largest database of its kind in the world.
- It gives you probabilities for the time period in which two individuals are related.
- A perfect match at thirty-seven markers indicates the two individuals share common ancestry in recent times.
- A haplogroup is determined and backed by our SNP Assurance Program.
- When another person shows identical results within our database, if both parties have signed the Family Tree DNA Release Form, then we will inform them of the match.
- The customer will also receive a certificate and report describing the testing process and the meaning of thirty-seven marker matches.
People who purchased this also purchased...
mtFullSequence - Both men and women may take this test. The entire mitochondrial genome is tested and this is the last mtDNA test that a person would need to take.
DNA tests and results explained
Family Finder test for both men and women : For close ancestry research (includes ethnic population percentages)