111 Marker Test
Your matches and ancestral origins largely depend on how your DNA
compares to the Family Tree DNA database. However, if your paternal line is rare, it is possible you will not
have matches or ancestral origins information right away. As the
database is constantly growing, you may have matches over time, and we
will be sent an e-mail notifications about any new matches.
- For men only.
- Highest level of Y-DNA tests.
- 111-marker matches are highly likely to be related within the past 4 generations.*
- Provides genealogically relevant matches and recent ancestral origins.
- Recommended for confirming a genealogical relationship with another male.
- Provides your Haplogroup: deep ancestral origin of the paternal line.
- FTDNA store your DNA for free so that you can upgrade the tests in the future
*Estimated for exact 111 marker matches, at a 95% confidence level.
The next revolution in genetic genealogy
The science is simple - linked blocks of DNA across the 22
autosomal chromosomes are matched between two people. The degree of
matching yields evidence for the relationship. You have exciting
Match with five generations of family
With the Family Finder test you may extend the power of genetic
genealogy to all of your ancestors. You can discover connections to
descendants of all sixteen of your great-great-grandparents!
Adoptees discover their heritage
With the power of an autosomal DNA test, confidently match to male and
female cousins from any of your family lines. This can provide you with
the clues you need to learn more about your birth parents' families.
Use the power of the Full Mitochondrial Sequence (FMS) test to learn
about the maternal line origin and find matches in your direct maternal
line, and add to it the mighty Family Finder Test to help you find
family across all your lines lines up to 6 generations back.