You are here: Products >
How to order a DNA kit
Common questions which need to be addressed before ordering a DNA kit include:
- identifying the correct test to order
- identifying the correct person to take the test
- identifying the test which will seek to answer a specific question or genealogical problem
Paternal ancestry tests (surname and family name) can only be taken by men, as the Y-Chromosome is only inherited by males. Therefore females who wish to investigate their father line need to get a male relative who carries the surname to take the test as their proxy.
If you are having difficulty in deciding the correct test, please get in touch by email or the Contact Us form.
How to order a test kit
- Select your test kit(s) and/or 'Your DNA results explained' product
- as a Guest, or
- Register a New Account. This is useful if you which to return to the site to reorder or if we are undertaking Genealogical Research on your behalf.